- I have been enjoying the A-Z Challenge, but happy that it is in the home stretch and am ready for a break.
- Dustin is on a little work trip and will be back in the morning. I really miss him when he is gone, and it makes me appreciate the sacrifices that military families make when their loved ones are deployed for extended periods of time. I honestly have no idea how the cope with that.
- Dustin told me on the phone last night that the boys that I drive to school had pink eye (he works with their Dad). This morning they show up and were already in my car when I came out and I asked the Dad if they were all over the pink eye and he said "well no, but they are on antibiotic drops." I told him I was pretty sure the schools policy was that they had to have clear eyes before returning as they usually can't tell if it's a bacteria or virus, and viruses are contagious even with antibiotic drops. He called the school and the teacher verified it so he took his boys home. I felt like a jerk, but I didn't want Austin to get it and I hope he does not come down with it after that exposure.
- We have a busy weekend planned. Dustin wants to finish painting our house, it's over 3/4th done now and looks awesome! I ordered a Bountiful Basket that we will pick up on Saturday morning and they finally had a case of strawberries as an extra, so I will be making jam this weekend. Saturday afternoon Austin is invited to a birthday party for one of his girl friends, and Saturday evening I have a book club dinner meeting to discuss The Book Thief now that we are all done with it.
- I am going to a Physical Therapist in the morning to have my hip evaluated. I have been having the worst hip pain with this preganancy and my right hip keeps feeling like it is popped out and pinching a nerve. Sometimes it is hard to walk.
- I got my garden started last weekend. Austin helped me on Sunday and we planted spinach, mesclun, radishes, carrots and pea seeds and a six pack of tomatoes and a pablano pepper. I put those wall-of-water things around the tomatoes and pepper as we still may have a frost for a couple of weeks. I used them last year and had tomatoes way before anyone else.
- I am working on crocheting a baby blanket for a friend of mine who's baby shower is a week from Saturday.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
A-Z Challenge: U is for...
Since it's lunch time here and I am still UNSURE about what to write for U, I am going to go with UNSURE and just do a random thoughts post.