Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A-Z Challenge: U is for...

Since it's lunch time here and I am still UNSURE about what to write for U, I am going to go with UNSURE and just do a random thoughts post.

  • I have been enjoying the A-Z Challenge, but happy that it is in the home stretch and am ready for a break.
  • Dustin is on a little work trip and will be back in the morning.  I really miss him when he is gone, and it makes me appreciate the sacrifices that military families make when their loved ones are deployed for extended periods of time.  I honestly have no idea how the cope with that.
  • Dustin told me on the phone last night that the boys that I drive to school had pink eye (he works with their Dad).  This morning they show up and were already in my car when I came out and I asked the Dad if they were all over the pink eye and he said "well no, but they are on antibiotic drops."  I told him I was pretty sure the schools policy was that they had to have clear eyes before returning as they usually can't tell if it's a bacteria or virus, and viruses are contagious even with antibiotic drops.  He called the school and the teacher verified it so he took his boys home.  I felt like a jerk, but I didn't want Austin to get it and I hope he does not come down with it after that exposure. 
  • We have a busy weekend planned.  Dustin wants to finish painting our house, it's over 3/4th done now and looks awesome!  I ordered a Bountiful Basket that we will pick up on Saturday morning and they finally had a case of strawberries as an extra, so I will be making jam this weekend.  Saturday afternoon Austin is invited to a birthday party for one of his girl friends, and Saturday evening I have a book club dinner meeting to discuss The Book Thief now that we are all done with it.
  • I am going to a Physical Therapist in the morning to have my hip evaluated.  I have been having the worst hip pain with this preganancy and my right hip keeps feeling like it is popped out and pinching a nerve.  Sometimes it is hard to walk.
  • I got my garden started last weekend.  Austin helped me on Sunday and we planted spinach, mesclun, radishes, carrots and pea seeds and a six pack of tomatoes and a pablano pepper.  I put those wall-of-water things around the tomatoes and pepper as we still may have a frost for a couple of weeks.  I used them last year and had tomatoes way before anyone else. 
  • I am working on crocheting a baby blanket for a friend of mine who's baby shower is a week from Saturday. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your hip, hope you get some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the appreciation for military families! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!