Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday ramble

Oh I had the best intentions of blogging over the weekend, but it just didn't happen.  Here it is Tuesday and I'm back at work.  Here are some thoughts over my lunch break.
  • Thank you to everyone who has made a guess on my baby pool so far.  It is fun to think about and I can't wait to find out who this little person is.  With Austin I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks, and although we didn't find out the sex then it just connected me to him.  Since I still haven't had and ultrasound and been able to "see" this baby I am having the hardest time wrapping my mind around him/her. 
  • We had a great weekend, pretty laid back.  Saturday was pretty chilly out so other than grocery shopping we stayed inside and played a lot of Guitar Hero.  Sunday we went to church and in the afternoon went out in the yard for a bit after Austin's nap.  Yesterday Austin and I vegged out in the morning watching movies, I did not sleep well that night since my hips were hurting, so I snoozed while snuggling on the couch with him.  We spent a lot of the afternoon out in the backyard as the temperature got over 70. 
  • We decided that the color of our house is too bold, so we are in the process of repainting in hopes that it will sell better.  While we played outside on Sunday, Dustin primed our shed then painted the front of it the new shade of blue, we purchased a small can for now, so we can try it out for a couple of weeks before making the final decision to do the whole house that color.  So far we have decided that it is not the color we would want for forever, but it is a much more palatable color overall.
  • I got a bit of spring fever on Sunday since the weather was so nice, and I pruned our fruit trees while Austin played in the sandbox.  I have been bad about it since Austin came along, and the biggest one was in desperate need of the trim.  Hopefully I didn't cut too much all at once!
  • I was invited to be a part of a book club.  One of Dustin's coworkers wanted to start it up and she picked out and bought several copies of the first book.  I am not much of a book reader, but said if she had an extra copy I would take it and give it a try.  The book is called The Book Thief.  I have until the end of March to read it, so hopefully I am into it and am able to complete it. 
  • I placed an online order with Babies R Us for a baby shower that I am attending this weekend.  They were running a promotion that if you ordered $100 worth of stuff you would get free shipping, so to fill that out I ordered three HALO sleepsacks for our new sunshine.  It was fun to get that first thing for the baby.  I went with two cream colored sacks, one in fleece and one in cotton, and another fleece one that is green with teddy bears.  The cream colored sacks both come with the swaddling panel.  They are so tiny and adorable. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for baby shopping! How far along are you now?

    It was pretty nice here last week but yesterday and today the wind has been blowing so much.

    I'm heading over to take the poll right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend!

    So much fun to shop for a new little bundle of joy! Looking forward to hearing about the u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first purchase for the new baby always made it real for me! With Sam we only had the 9 week ultrasound where they look like a jelly bean and then never had another one-- his sex was a surprise... it was the best surprise ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!