Sunday, March 18, 2012

A new shade of blue

A year and a half ago we decided to paint our house from faded yellow to a blue.  We didn't spend a lot of time picking the color and found that Dustin had a darker blue in mind while I had a lighter blue.  We ended up with this color, Bluer Than Blue:

This was taken before we touched up the white trim part, but you get the idea about the blue color.
It ended up being much brighter than we anticipated and we finally decided that it's too much, especially in light of the fact that we are trying to sell our house and haven't had anyone look at it yet.  Not that any real estate has moved in our town in months, but we want to have the best shot at any perspective buyers.  So we decided to repaint the house and this time around are carefully choosing the shade.  We still like the idea of blue, but want to go with a much more neutral shade.  We picked up this Palisade Blue the last time we were in the big city.  We painted the front of the shed and are still wrapping our minds around how much we like the color.  We have our ultrasound in the big city on Wednesday, and will likely go buy the rest of the paint for the house. 


So what do you think, is this a good shade of blue?  Would you buy it if you were house shopping, or would you go with a different color?

6 comments:

  1. I like that Color a lot better to sell your house. I hope you sell it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like the lighter blue, it's very inviting.

    I'm excited for you guys to find out the sex!!! Wednesday can't come soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the lighter blue... it's very pretty and slightly unique without being too out there.

    Can't wait for you to find out what you're having! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely like the light blue. I would look at a house in that shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the lighter shade of blue. For a second I thought the sun faded the first pic into the second!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!