Wednesday, June 15, 2011

21 Days of Summer Challenge Day 6

Today's Topic: LEMONADE Stand

I grew up kind of out in the country, it was a ranchette style acreage subdivision, so it wasn't really the right kind of place to set up a lemonade stand.  I now live in a little town where everybody knows everybody and it's pretty safe, and the neighborhood kids always have stands.  I try to stop and buy a cup when  I see one.  I have a confession though, I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe and I often won't drink the lemonade from a stand because I think kids often lick the spoon when they mix the lemonade and it grosses me out.  

As for recipes, I used to make one where you boil the water and dissolve the sugar before adding fresh squeezed lemon juice and zest, but often I am too lazy to go to all that effort.  So my quick and easy version is I make a batch of Kool-aid Lemonade and then take one or two fresh lemons, scrub them, and then cut them in half.  I squeeze half the lemon into the Kool-aid, then slice up the other half very thinly and add the slices straight to the lemonade.  The rind of the slice kind of help build the flavor, and the tiny bit of pulp from the squeezed lemon makes if feel like real fresh lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!