Thursday, June 23, 2011

21 Day Summer Challenge Day 14

Today's topic: Summer Recipe

I haven't made chicken kabobs yet this year, but I'm thinking this weekend we are due!

Sesame-Soy Marinade
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
3 TBSP packed light brown sugar
1 TBSP Sesame Oil
2 green onions, chopped
1.5 tsp dried red pepper flakes, crushed

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use as a marinade for poultry or fish.

I use this marinade recipe and put kabob sized pieces of chicken breast into a ziplock and let it marinade, the longer the better.  Then when I am ready to grill I just have to skewer the pieces.  I always cook meat seperate from veggies for the germ factor, but you can skewer it however you like. I have not tried it with fish yet, but I bet it would be delish!

7 comments:

  1. that sounds amazing.. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I am going to have try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM!!! That does sound yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy to me!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so delicious those are all flavors I love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this, I'm going to try it for a BBQ this weekend. Love sesame oil so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say that I made this marinade and it was sooo good. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!