Today's Topic: Summer Vacation
We don't really do a summer vacation because that is when my husband is super busy at work in his field season. If we do summer trips it's more out of necessity than pleasure. This summer we are taking a mini trip back to Colorado to see Soundgarden at Red Rock's Amphitheater because that is when they are touring and it is Dustin's Father's Day gift request. The last two summers we took mini trips back to Iowa for Dustin's nephews high school graduation parties. Let me tell you, it is MISERABLE to visit Iowa in May and/or June, my southwestern lizard skin cannot handle the humidity and heat back there!
We have been taking a real vacation to commemorate our anniversary every year since we got married, which is in October.
- 1st: Estes Park, Colorado where we stayed at the historic Stanley Hotel and visited Rocky Mountain National Park.
- 2nd: Moab, Utah where we visited Arches and Canyonlands National Parks.
- 3rd: Durango, Colorado and visited Mesa Verde and took a trip on the Durango-Silverton Railroad.
- 4th: Colorado to purchase a truck and visit family. (Ok so maybe this one didn't count as a real vacation!)
- 5th: San Francisco, California and road trip up to Vina to see some friends from college and back along the coast and by way of Armstrong Redwood Forest.