Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Adventures in photography

Thanks for all the suggestions and help with my last post.  I am trying to get 3 year portraits done for our house and to print for family.  We took Austin to Sears Portrait Studio when he was 3, 6, and 9 months, then at a year and at two years.  At 1.5 I did some portraits myself, but they were nothing special and I never had them printed out for family even.  Each trip to Sears we do ala carte, but easily spend $60-$70 per session, so it adds up.  The blue shirt one is the one I would print out to go on the wall with all the nieces and nephews school pictures at the Grandparents, so I’m looking for something comparable.  I thought about putting him in a shirt and tie, but I figured that would just complicate the situation.
I did take a whole series of photos, 80 that day.  I also did a bunch at the Zion National Park, like over 200, but it’s much harder than I anticipated.  I also love outdoor shots, but it’s January, and while it’s probably warmer here than a lot of the country, it is still jacket and hat weather most days and I hate to freeze Austin for the sake of a good photo.
Here are some ou-ttakes for your Tuesday viewing enjoyment:

008a
Put the cars down and look at me!

001a
Is it too much to ask for a smile?

012a
Come out from under the stool!

026a
Ok, now look at Mommy!

033a
Look at me!
  

035a
Leave the hat alone!

040a
Well ok, but now the hat is all cocked back and it's a fake, squinty eyed smile.


047a
Let's try a full pose, now smile!

059a
Ok, open your eyes while you smile.


068a
This one reminds me of John Wayne "I haven't lost my temper in 40 years; but, Pilgrim, you caused a lot of trouble this morning; might have got somebody killed; and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't. I won't."
- John Wayne - To Leo Gordon in McLintock!

076a
Finally a cute one, except for the horrible under bite, which no he DOES NOT have an under bite.
  

078a
Well, maybe with a little editting!


3 comments:

  1. I definitely like the last one!! You can take 200 shots and maybe 3 or 4 of them will work. They are subjects in motion. Some of the silly ones are cute though. They show his personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like some of the silly ones! :) He is such a cutie...I love his smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!