Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Everything but the tournament

I just got back from our trip last night and am back at the old grind today.  It seems like I have been away from my blog for an eternity instead of 7 days.  I have been reading through my blogs and trying to catch up, but everyone else in bloggy land has been so busy the last week it's taking me a while to catch up!

I wanted to share about my trip except for the wrestling tournament because I can do a whole post on that alone with pictures, so I will try to do that tonight. Overall it was great, we had good weather and the roads were passable.  We got to see a lot of family and achieved our work goals in the process.

For Valentine's Day we drove to Grand Junction, so spent most of the day in the truck.  We got there and got checked in, then went to dinner at Johnny Carino's.  When I was in college that place was a lot nicer and more formal, but it has really become family orriented like Olive Garden, which was ok since we had Austin with us and it was not really a romantic one-on-one date. 

I went to the Tamarisk Symposium for my work on Wednesday while Dustin entertained Austin.  We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner that night which was so yummy!   Feb. 15 is the anniversary of when we got together, so we have now been together nine years!

Thursday we drove to Denver and attended the wrestling tournament.  It went through Friday, so I will skip to Saturday.  My Mom, sister, Austin and I went shopping on Saturday and it was so nice to go and have a little spree.  Austin needed new shoes, I bought him 3 pairs since they were on a great sale.  I also got myself a new pillow and some clothes for Austin.

Sunday was pretty uneventful, we went to church with my Mom and she wanted to sit in the very front of church, which if you are a parent of a three year old, you know that presents a great deal of effort to keep them in control in front of the entire congregation!  My sister came down and we hung out and watched movies.  Dustin drove in that night and we drove home yesterday.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!