Wow where does the time go? It just keeps slipping by me and I keep trying to catch up to it. I had a bunch of different posts I have been wanting to do, but I'm behind. Here is an update post about what we have going on:
- Thanks for all the anniversary well wishes and compliments on my dress. I will actually fess up that at the time of our wedding we were pretty broke and I couldn't see spending $500 on that dress at David's Bridal so I went on E-bay and won it gently worn in an auction for $90. I spent about that much getting it cleaned and I did the tailoring myself. It is a really pretty dress and the photos don't do it justice since it had white roses embroidered all over it, but there is not enough contrast in the photos to make out the detail.
- We did not get the Colorado job, boo! Oh well, the right one that is meant to be will come along. Now that we don't have it I can say that it was in Silt, CO which was really an ideal location, but oh well.
- You'll be happy to know that my head did not explode today when another friend announced a pregnancy. Did I mention there are a lot of babies in my life and on the way? I LOVE IT!
- Last Friday was the annual open house for the tribe I work for. Once a year they have the general membership meeting where everyone is invited back and they cover all the major business and hold Tribal Council elections. The night before they have the open house where all employees set up a booth and meet with members to answer any questions. For the first time in 7 years I actually had a grumpy person give me the what-for. It wasn't personal and it was a complaint that has been surfacing generally lately, so I am not too worried about it. It also helps that I am 99.5% sure that this was my last open house as I hope to either be moved by next year, or on maternity leave which will mean that I resigned.
- I cut and ironed the last two pieces of the quilt, a farmer and a pumpkin patch. With any luck I will be able to finish them during our trip this weekend and then it will be quilt assembly time, yay!!!
- It's been about two weeks, knocking on wood, since Austin has had a potty accident.
- A long time ago I taught Austin that when I ask "who does Mommy love?" he is supposed to reply "me" and point to himself. Yesterday I asked him and he goes "Aus-Inn", it's so fun that he is getting to the point where language is a form of communication and not just memorized repetition.
- My sister asked if we were going to the San Diego Zoo this weekend and I said we thought about it, but it was pretty expensive and our priority is Sea World. So she offered to buy us the tickets for the Zoo for my birthday gift. She is having them sent to our hotel, so I hope they get there in time.
- My garden is still in good shape and producing lots of tomatoes, peppers and eggplant. Usually by now we have had a frost, so I am enjoying the last of it.