Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Rockin’ weekend!

My brother who lives in Phoenix stopped by with his three kids this weekend on their way to Grandma’s house in Denver.  They got here Friday afternoon and left first thing Sunday morning.  It was a super nice visit.  It’s funny how hard it is to have good quality time together now that we live so far away from each other.  When I was in college, all three of my siblings lived within an hour of each other and my Mom, so we got together all the time.  Since we saw each other so often it was not a big deal and we got down to quality time.  Now that we all live far away, this brother is about a 5.5 hour drive, my other brother is 7.5, my sister is 11 hours and my Mom is 10.5 hours, when we get together 1- we are exhausted from the traveling, and 2- it’s like we spend the time catching up and often don’t really get down to quality time.  You know what I mean, where you can be with each other and do something fun together and enjoy each others presence. 

We spent most of the weekend jammin’ to Rock Band and Guitar Hero.  I would have never thought to suggest that we play our game, these guys are big time country fans and also Broadway musical type music.  But my younger niece heard the kids talking about it at school so she wanted to give it a try.  They loved it and by the end of their visit one niece was singing “Black Hole Sun'” and the other was singing “Creep”.  Heck even my brother got in on the fun and his favorite song to play ended up being “Enter Sandman”, hardcore!  My nephew wasn’t really into it, but he is often hard to interest in things. I have a feeling my brother will be ordering a band kit when they get home!

We also went to the park and played with water guns and went to the pool.  I did not take too many pictures because I was thoroughly enjoying our quality time and often forgot to pick up the camera. 

001

003 004

002

007

009

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that always a sign of a good time, barely any pics! So glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast! I wish we had an outdoor pool here! That would be so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!