- I am thankful for getting up at 4:50am this morning because it means I am Mom to a wonderful two year old who was wide awake and I am the one who got to hold him, rock him, and eventually let him come out and watch cartoons on my lap while I caught a few zzz's on the couch before work.
- I am thankful that my cold from last week is coming to an end and that it made me remember how wonderful good health really is and how I should not take it for granted and to also be compassionate to those who suffer from chronic illness.
- I am thankful for my PMS/cramps as it means I am a woman and was able to carry a child in my womb and will again hopefully soon.
- I am thankful that I have clean water at the turn of a faucet and will immensly enjoy my shower in the morning that I did without this morning. It is easy to take for granted that we have access to good, clean, and safe water.
- I am thankful to return to work today because I have a job that I enjoy and so does Dustin, and we live comfortably and are able to provide our son with many things that Dustin and I didn't have.
- I am thankful to have filled my gas tank at $3.45 a gallon because I have the luxury of a good working, reliable vehicle to transport myself and my family safely.
- I am thankful for the 10 extra pounds I carry (even though I should lose them) because I live in a country where good food is plentiful and I waste too much even though there are thousands of people in the world starving to death.
- I am thankful that I get to kiss my best friend every day. There is no perspective to that, it is truely wonderful in every way!
(Added 8/17) I thought of another one, I am thankful for my bed that is located in a country whose government it busy tearing each other apart and people are having hard times because I know that when I lay down at night I can rest peacefully since I am relatively safe and secure because there are brave men and women out there who are not safe and secure protecting me.