Wednesday, May 16, 2012

OB appointment

I had an OB appointment today and everything is still looking great.  Baby girl's heart rate was 155 BPM.  My blood pressure was low, but I gained 6 pounds since my last appointment 4 weeks ago.  The doctor didn't say anything about that, but it just surprised me!

After the appointment I ran some errands before returning to work.  It was fun to go shopping, but it was super hot there today, I'm sure over 95 degrees F.

When I got back to work my boss came in to talk to me about a couple of things.  She asked about the water spots on our floor.  This morning I popped into my office for about 15 minutes before I left for the big city because I had to prep the coolers and ship the water samples I collected yesterday to send them to the laboratory.  I packed them with bagged ice cubes the day before to keep them cold over night and some of the ice melted and pooled in the bottom of the coolers.  Each site has 6 different bottles and they are all together in a plastic bag.  Some of the bags collected the melted ice water, and I spilled some of it on the floor as I was moving around bottles to prep the coolers.  I explained to her what caused the water spots and she gave my co-worker who I share an office with a funny look and he grinned.  He then told me that he told her that my water broke this morning causing the water spots and that I had to rush to St. George to deliver the baby.  I thought that was pretty clever and hillarious!

4 comments:

  1. Oh jeez. SO glad that was not the case! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good standard OB appointment. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! :)

    I had months that I gained a lot of weight, and then the next month I would hardly gain anything. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!