Now I have to tell you ten facts about myself that you might not already know.
- When I was a kid I loved to play with Barbies and played with them well beyond the typical age range. When I was old enough the play turned more into creativity as I would sew or crochet my own clothes for my dolls. I remember my childhood best friend teasing me for still playing with them in fifth grade, so I became a closet Barbie player.
- I have been invited to be in wedding parties three times. I was the flower girl for my brother Doug's wedding, a bridesmaid in my brother George's wedding, and a bridesmaid for my best friend Amanda.
- My first rock concert was in 2003 to see Stone Sour at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver with Powerman 5000, Ra, and Systematic. Dustin's cousin is Joel Ekman, the original drummer for Stone Sour and he hooked us up with free tickets and back stage passes, not too shabby for that first experience! I mostly remember a whole lot of noise, the "f" bomb more than I ever care to here again and Corey Taylor talking about how he thought certain people should kill themselves (like Avril Levigne and all the band members of Good Charlotte)...I was terrified of going back stage, but in reality the guys were just a bunch of good ole Iowa farm boys.
- I once dyed my hair purple while in high school. Well, not all purple, but got "eggplant" streaks. My Mom and I went to visit my brother Doug in Portland, Oregon and he saw an add for it and talked me into having it done since we worked at a bank and could not.
- When I was in college I was in a professional society called ASAE- The American Society for Agricultural Engineering. It changed it's name at that time to The American Society for Agricultural, Food, and Biological Engineering. Now it's called ASABE- The Society for Agricultural and Biological Engineers. I was a local student chapter officer and one year was elected as a National Officer (Secretary) of the Preprofessional Council.
- If I could have gone to college anywhere I would have went to Notre Dame. I visited the campus in Indiana during the summer between my freshman and sophomore year with a program that I was in to encourage first generation kids to go to college. I LOVED the campus and so would have loved to have gone there. My ACT score was one point less then the recommended range for admittance, so I chickened out on even applying.
- I sewed my own senior prom dress. It was a 4-H sewing project so I also showed it at fair and I was mad because the way they displayed it it was accessible to the public and everyone wanted to touch the silky fabric. After the county fair it was covered in finger oils and I wasn't allowed to have it cleaned before it went to the state contest.
- I have no desire to ever go to any of my high school class reunions. I didn't really have "true" friends in high school and am only loosely in contact with some through Facebook.
- My first year of college I went to University of Northern Colorado and was majoring in Kinesiology. I wanted to become an Athletic Trainer, but realized I was wasting my potential so after a year I transfered to Colorado State.
- I collect cow things. I have cow tea cups with saucers, cream and sugar holders, a cookie jar, pillows, stuffed animals, and figurines.
Now I'm bestowing this award on seven of my bloggy friends:
- Sandy at Pardon My Dust
- Brandi at Life of a New Mommy of Two
- Briana at Sweet Carolina Grace
- kbreints at A Little Crazy and a Lot of Love
- Lisa at Our Janidlo Clan
- Dot at Musings from Dot
- coltonsmommy at The Colton Chronicles