Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1 Year Appointment

We just got back from Austin's one year checkup. He was very brave through SIX shots! He was a human pin cushion, but he barely cried at all. I got a prescription of EMLA cream to try after reading about it in Parents Magazine. I'm not terribly impressed by it, it was challenging to get him to hold still for me to apply it and cover with a bandaid, then I don't know that it did much for him to relieve the pain because he still cried. And the nurse told me the last time to just put it 1 inch apart on his thighs and arms, but then today she said I did it wrong because two of the shots needed to go on the back side of the leg. I wish they could just apply it, but it has to go on an hour before the injection. Of course with as behind as they were today we probably could have had them apply it then wait. We had to sit in the waiting room for 30 minutes before they called us in, then we had to wait for the doctor. We were at the clinic for an hour and 30 minutes total!

Anyway, enough ranting! He is completely healthy at 31" long and 21lbs even. I find it interesting that for length he is between the 75-90th percentile, but in weight he is only in the 10-25th percentile for his age. He looks chubby to me, but I guess most babies are pretty chunky looking. It looks like he will be a tall guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!