Wednesday, July 18, 2012

36 week appointment

I went for my 36 week doctor appointment today.  They did the GBS test and first progress check.  I was 50% and 1cm.  I think that is pretty standard for not much progress really.  Katy's heart rate was 160 BPM and she was measuring right on.  I actually lost a little over a pound from the last appointment, but I still think that I weigh less in the morning then I do in the afternoon.  My total weight gain so far is about 34lbs.  My BP was a little on the high side for me at 128/82.  The midwife didn't seem concern though because I had no other symptoms.  She also confirmed that Katy is positioned head down in the right position, which I pretty much already knew because she is constantly kicking me in the ribs. 

She went over all the reasons to head in to L&D.  It seems surreal that I am down to the last month.  Austin told me in the bath tonight that in four weeks Katy will come out of my belly.  He was right that she was a girl, so maybe her birthday will be more like August 15. 

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear everything is going well. That blood pressure sounds good to me! Still totally normal, I wouldn't worry.And 34 pounds is a nice healthy weight gain. I'm so excited for you and your family. Can't wait to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear the news and see that cute little face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so close, it's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe you're already 36 weeks! I'm glad everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about August 14?!?!?! That's C's bday. It's a good day to have a baby. :)

    The Dr. told me that since I tested positive for GBS with my second one, they wouldn't test me again, and automatically give me the antibiotics. I'm not quite sure why.....

    GAH! 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!