- I am 11 weeks and 4 days now. I still haven't had very many symptoms. Last night I got really lightheaded and dizzy, and I don't remember that from my first pregnancy. I feel better from that this morning though. I am to the point where my regular pants no longer fit, but I know that my maternity pants will be way too big. I have two pairs of jeans that are bigger from when I used to be heavier, so they have been getting me by. I am excited to get out my maternity clothes though, it's like getting a whole new wardrobe.
- We are planning a quick trip to CO/IA possibly in a couple of weeks. Dustin needs to go to IA to pick up equipment for a drinker that he wants to install out here. His parents have one on their farm and he couldn't find anyone locally with the same technology, and the company that makes them in Iowa has never had to ship them, so he is just going to go and pick it up. Since that drive will direct him through CO he invited Austin and I along, at least as far as to my Mom's in CO. There is also a symposium in CO that we are contemplating attending, and my eldest nephew should be wrestling in the state competition that weekend, so we could catch his matches in Denver. Still trying to figure out all the logistics though!
- We decided that we are going to clean out our home office and make that into Austin's new room. I don't like that it is way on the other side of the house from our bedroom, but he is a pretty good sleeper once he is out so I think it will work out ok. Hopefully we get a new job and move before the baby comes anyway. I need to get working on cleaning out all my junk though, it's my catch all and craft room, so a lot needs to go.
- We are trying to find a new bed for Austin. He is still in the crib since he has never tried to climb out of it, but he is getting way too tall for it. He also pretty much stays dry at night now, so he could probably stay in undies if he was able to get up if he need to go to the bathroom. We started shopping for a bed and went to a ridiculously expensive furniture place. The least expensive bed they had was $350 bucks and it was plain Jane, nothing special. And that was just the frame, the mattress was another $180+. I know we can find something more reasonable, we just need to look around some more.
- Dustin thinks this baby is another boy, and I am leaning towards girl. No real reason, and I thought Austin was a girl, so it's probably a boy. The few times I have asked Austin what he thinks he says sister. I am fine either way, a girl would be nice so we have one of each and Dustin would have a Daddies girl, but another boy would be great too since we already have all that stuff and I know from Austin that little boys wrap their Mommies around their little finger and I would love to have another little Mama's boy.
- On that note we have some friends who have 5 year old twin girls and they finally decided to have another and they just found out it's another girl. It was plainly obvious that they are disappointed and I know they will come around and be happy about their little one, but it's just sad to see them bummed about it right now. It will be exciting that our kids will be a couple months apart, and she recommended the OB that I am going to, so I hope we can coordinate some car-pooling for appointments since it is 75 miles away.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
A little of this and that
I have been pretty wiped out since the birthday party, so I haven't been up to blogging :( Here is a little of what is going on in my head: