Thursday, April 22, 2010

15 Months

Today little man is 15 months.  Man has the time flown by!!!

It has been a challenging week as he had a double ear infection starting Monday.  We went to the doctor right away Monday afternoon and got on amoxicillian, but it wasn't until last night (Wednesday) that the fever finally broke for good.  By that I mean it was responding to the Motrin/Tylenol rotation I was giving him, but at the end of a dose the fever would come back until last night.  He hasn't had any of that medicine since 5 last night and no fever, yeah!!!  I finally bought one of those temporal thermometers and let me say, it's the best $30 I've spent in a long time.  Austin loves to play with it though and tossed it across the kitchen yesterday, so I'm not sure how long it's lifespan will end up being.

He is so independant these days, and really not a baby any more at all.  He runs from one end of the house to the other.  He loves to be outdoors and loves the park.  He is a little daredevil who would very much like to go down the big slide himself if Mommy would let him.  He still doesn't say a whole lot of words, but has other ways of communicating.  My least favorite is when he shows me he's done at the high chair by throwing things on the floor, oh well, what can you do!  He loves to play with Mega Blocks, tractors/cars, his riding toys, and anything in Mommy's purse, especially the cell phone.  On that, yesterday he was holding my new cell phone and I was using the house phone to check a message on it.  Since I was there anyway I dialled the cell phone and when the little ring tone came on Austin started dancing to it.

At the doctors appointment for the ear infection he was 22lbs 6.5oz.  They did not measure his height, but I would guess that it's about 32".  Our doctor is not doing a 15 month checkup because we got all the shots at 12 months. 

Happy 15 months buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!