Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm done

Breastfeeding Austin that is. After Austin turned one we started weaning and introducing cow's milk. I was worried that he would not be able to tolerate the milk because he was colicky when he was first born and it seemed to be linked to my consumption of dairy. He seems to be taking the milk well with no digestive issues. I haven't been able to get him to really drink it well from a sippy, so I have been giving it from a bottle. Hopefully that is not a bad habit that I will regret later, but I know he needs to be drinking some milk, so I have to get it in him somehow.

When I had Austin I wasn't sure how long I would be willing to breastfeed and had no expectations. I'm proud that I made it to a year. I can't say that it was totally exclusive because I supplemented a little bit at the end, but we didn't even go through two cans of formula, so it was just a little bit. I very much encourage any future mother to give it a try, it's very rewarding.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it a year. I was the same way with bfing. Definitely an accomplishment that we can be really proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roni, and great job to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Austin has a good mother! :)
    February comment luv from Cairo, Egypt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!