Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A-Z: Hawaii

A-Z: HAWAII


I went to Maui, Hawaii in 1997 with my oldest brother as his gift for my high school graduation.  We of course didn't have digital photos back then, and I didn't want to take my photos out of the scrapbook, so I just took photos of the pages to share.

Beautiful sunset over Kaanapali Beach.

The first photo is my brother, the second is me at the luau we went to and the third was at dinner the first night we were there, we watched whales breaching in the bay while we ate.  

The top photo is some of my souvenirs, the second is from one day it poured rain so we found an arcade and played all afternoon.  We won a bunch of drinking glasses, then had to figure out how to pack them to get them home.

We went to the luau and as we were sitting there waiting for it to start I was eavesdropping on the conversation at the table behind us.  I came into when a woman asked a man "...wow, so what line of work are you in?"  He said with a bit of a southern draw "I'm in the music business."  She asked "Have you won any awards or anything?"  He said "Well I was the 1992 new country male vocalist of the year."  My head flipped around and I stared at him trying to figure out who he was.  Tracy Lawrence just cut his mullet hairstyle, shaved and was not wearing a cowboy hat so I could not recognize him.  When we went to get in the food line I asked the lady from his table what his name was and she said "I think his name was Tracy Lawrence or something, but his wife is a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader."

My brother went up and told him I was a big fan and asked if I could get my photo taken with him and he was very nice and allowed it.  Everybody always said I should have gotten his wife in the photo as well.

Me, my brother and his friend at the luau and the flowers and trees at our condo.

The first one was heading into the luau and the second was looking back at Maui as we went out on a whale watching cruise.
I wanted to go to a black sand beach, but found out that the sand wasn't very soft.
The first two are whale watching and the third is watching the sunrise over the clouds from Mount Haleakala.

6 comments:

  1. Hawaii is on my list to do. Only one of two states I haven't been to yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous- I have never been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how long your hair was!!! It looks so different on you! :) Looks like fun! I want to go there some day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun! Loved the personal pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! Does look like you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just returned from Maui in Feb. What a place!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!