Since around Christmas I have resolved to stop playing so much on Facebook and work more on my hobbies, especially Austin’s quilt. So I am pleased to announce and share that I have made quite a bit of progress since the new year.
In the past I have made quilts for all 7 of my nephews and nieces. I tried to find photos of all of them, but they were all pre-digital photography, so I had to go through my old box of photos in the closet and only came up with two of them. If I find the others I will post them later.
The first one is RJ’s with a “Sun Bonnet Sue” design with applique dolls and center flower. The second is JB’s and had appliqued trains. JA’s quilt I did at the same time so his is also appliqued trains. JC’s was first and it was embroidered zoo animal motifs and I hand quilted it. JP’s was embroidered Disney characters and I got them from a coloring book. AE’s was an appliqued butterfly quilt and JD’s was an appliqued farm scene. The last six were all machine quilted.
Here is the pattern I am using for Austin’s quilt:
It will have all farm theme pieces. Here are the ones I have finished appliqueing and I am hand embroidering around each one.
I have not pieced together any of the quilt pieces, but I laid them out so you can see the Earth tone colors that I chose:
My next square I have appliqued and will start embroidering it and it’s a cow. I will also do a tractor, combine, sheep, and some sort of crop representation.