Sunday, February 13, 2011

Progress

Since around Christmas I have resolved to stop playing so much on Facebook and work more on my hobbies, especially Austin’s quilt.  So I am pleased to announce and share that I have made quite a bit of progress since the new year.
In the past I have made quilts for all 7 of my nephews and nieces.  I tried to find photos of all of them, but they were all pre-digital photography, so I had to go through my old box of photos in the closet and only came up with two of them.  If I find the others I will post them later.

IMG_0001 IMG_0002

The first one is RJ’s with a “Sun Bonnet Sue” design with applique dolls and center flower.  The second is JB’s and had appliqued trains.  JA’s quilt I did at the same time so his is also appliqued trains.  JC’s was first and it was embroidered zoo animal motifs and I hand quilted it.  JP’s was embroidered Disney characters and I got them from a coloring book.  AE’s was an appliqued butterfly quilt and JD’s was an appliqued farm scene.  The last six were all machine quilted.

Here is the pattern I am using for Austin’s quilt:

017

It will have all farm theme pieces.  Here are the ones I have finished appliqueing and I am hand embroidering around each one.

011
009
013
016

I have not pieced together any of the quilt pieces, but I laid them out so you can see the Earth tone colors that I chose:

020

My next square I have appliqued and will start embroidering it and it’s a cow.  I will also do a tractor, combine, sheep, and some sort of crop representation.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love it! I worked on Marlee's quilt yesterday too! I'm hoping to get it finished by the end of February...then I will be 2/10 done for the year! :) Although, I probably won't be able to get it quilted for a while...it's so expensive! I will have to wait until Summer to get it quilted probably. Or at least save up for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!