Thursday, June 24, 2010

Aloha Friday


In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. To participate go here.



My question:

What is the strangest/most unusual thing you have eaten?

The reason I asked this question is because one of the news stories on the Phoenix news this week is that a restaurant down there is serving lion meat burgers in honor of the World Cup in Africa.  If you are wondering, NO, I would definitely NOT eat lion meat. 

Quite honestly, I am not very adventerous when it comes to eating.  I'm having a hard time coming up with something really out there since I don't try very many crazy things.  I have tried Rocky Mountain oysters, which is odd when you think about why anyone would think to eat that, and yet many people love them.  I have eaten moose jerky, buffalo roast and ribs (I actually think it's very delicious), and once I ate at a Brazilian Grill and it seems like I ate some water buffalo or something like that.  I love to go to cajun boils where I like to eat crayfish.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm...the craziest thing I have eaten...I don't know. Probably rabit...I know not very crazy huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be more adventurous in my food choices. I'm probably pretty boring in that department. I would never survive that challenge on Survivor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me I guess I would say sushi. Not too adventurous though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The strangest things I ever ate was something I found in my dorm refrigerator in college, when I was sharing a room with a student from Japan. There was a dish of tiny peaches in some sort of sause, and I asked if I could try one. She said "You can try it...but american's usually don't like those. It's very salty." Well, I usually like salty, but this was the saltiest thing I've ever tasted. "Wow...", choking it down, "that's salty."
    "Do you like it?"
    "Not really."
    "Well, you're the first American who's tried it who hasn't spit it out."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never really eaten anything that crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!