- We are heading to Colorado a week from Friday and I am SO EXCITED! We are going to the Border War, the football game between my Alma mater Colorado State University and my hubby's Alma mater University of Wyoming. It the oldest continuous interstate football rivalry west of the Mississippi. Unfortunately it is in Laramie this year so it will be chilly! The prize is the coveted Bronze Boot Trophy, it's a boot that was literally worn by a CSU ROTC instructor in the Vietnam War and they bronzed it and mounted it to a pedestal.
- My in laws are meeting us in Colorado for a few days. They were going to come out here this week, but my FIL had a health issue so they were unable to make it. They are coming in to be there Saturday so they can spend time with Austin while we are at the game.
- We will not be moving to Grand Junction. When Dustin got the notice about the job it listed the guy they hired for the position so Dustin googled his name and found out that the guy is taking a demotion for the job, so he must really want to live in Grand Junction. I can't say I blame him as he is currently stationed in Vernal, UT and I can totally understand not wanting to live in a small Utah town. Please keep your fingers crossed that something else comes along soon for us.
- This weekend Austin mastered "MINE" and "MY". So now when he wants something that is what he will yell.
- Our house is 3/4ths blue now. Since we have Thursday off we hope to finish painting the front of the house and get started on the white trim. It is a bright blue, but I think if you aren't focused on the color then it looks fine. At any rate it's better than the old grungy faded yellow that it was.
- I bought my first Christmas gift today. I wasn't even planning on it, but it just presented itself. It's for my sister and I don't know if she reads my blog, so I can't divulge what it is, but I was really excited! She is one of my moderately hard to shop for family members, so it's good to have that one figured out.
- Christmas gift buying is getting easier for us this year, Dustin's family has pretty much all said they don't want to do gifts anymore. Last Christmas his siblings did not get us gifts and his Mom just told me that they don't want a gift, which is ok with me! He still wants to give his nephews gifts even though they are both in college now, but he said cash for all. Nice and EASY!
- I found out today that my employer is thinking about having our employee Christmas Party locally this year. Usually it is a 1.5-2 hour drive away so I figured we wouldn't even bother, but if it's here then I am all for getting a sitter so we can go. Last year we took Austin with us, but he was a little baby then. Now he's mobile and loud and I think he would be annoying for those who want it to be a grown up party.
- I tried Skype this weekend for the first time. My sister was at my Mom's house and logged them on. They loved getting to see and talk to Austin and he was digging it too. The technology we have today is amazing!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
In a Nutshell
Ok, so I have had a bit of blog block lately. I have plenty of things to write about, but I haven't taken the time to sit and do it so I am going to do a bullet list of updates to get all my thoughts down: