Friday, November 13, 2009

Aloha Friday

I know Friday is almost over, but here it is anyway:

What is the best/biggest thing you have ever won in a contest?

In our little area the local weekly newspaper has a contest called pigskin predictions. Each week during football they list 10 games for you to try to pick the winner. The person who picks the most correct wins a $50 gift certificate to a local business. It goes for 10 weeks and in the end there are cash prizes for the top three seasonal efforts, first place is $300. My husband and I have been playing for the last four years and we have never won a certificate yet. We have tied for first, but always lost the tiebreaker which is guessing the total score for all the teams in all the games. In the paper this week they listed the current standings as of week 7 (This weekend is week 9). The lead guy has 48 points and my husband is tied for third with 46 points. I was also listed as tied for sixth with 44 points. So there is a chance that if we do well this week and next that we might place for one of the final cash prizes.

To participate in Aloha Friday click here

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

5 comments:

  1. I hope that y'all win!

    I won a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I one a gift card to the grociery store last summer, which was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to win something BIG...
    All I have won has been a few books and that is about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The biggest thing I can think of was $125 in gift cards. I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!