Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hot Dog!

We had a huge birthday bash for Austin's fourth birthday last Saturday.  His actual birthday is Jan. 22, but that is the day our stuff, and hopefully us too, rolls out.  We had quite a house full as pretty much everyone who was invited accepted the invitation and most of the parents came too.  I think everyone had in mind that we will be gone soon and wanted to spend some time with us.  Overall it went well and everyone had a good time.


I crocheted the Mickey/Minnie hats for all of the kids.  I had a lot of time during our house hunting trip as it was an 11 hour drive there and back.  However, 4 more kids RSVPed after I got home, so I had a lot of catch up crocheting, but pulled it all off.  If you are interested in the pattern, here is the link:









I had to adapt the pattern as it was for babies.  I used a bigger crochet hook, and added a few more increases in stitches.  I used the same ear and bow pattern, just used the bigger hook.  I also ran out of time to sew the buttons on so I hot glued them and it worked pretty well.


I was a little concerned that the kids wouldn't want to eat the black frosting on the Mickey cake, but I was wrong, they were asking for the ears.  Austin asked for funfetti cake for the main cake and the cupcakes were yellow cake because one of the guests is allergic to milk.  



Austin is already telling us what he wants for his next birthday party theme.  Kind of like he keeps asking when Santa is coming again.   When we get to Colorado on our way to Wyoming we will have another small birthday celebration with Grandma and Aunt Cathy.

3 comments:

  1. Those hats are so cute. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? YOU MADE THOSE HATS? Darling!Hope you move goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! Happy birthday Austin!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!