Thursday, October 29, 2009

Growing up!

So the last week has been tiring for me. Austin is apparently starting to teeth his molars, or cuspids if he is going out of order and has been waking up several times at night. I can't really detect any bumps in the molar area, but there is a pretty good bump where his top right cuspid will be. Yesterday at about 3am he woke up and when I checked him he was toasty so I took his temp, and sure enough it was about 101. I kept checking him all day and the temp went away, but his little nose just pored. Since I wasn't completely sure that is was teething and not something contagious I stayed home from work with him. (I normally take him to work with me for four hours) This morning his nose is less runny and he ate a piece of toast and some Cheerios. He hasn't eaten any solid foods in two days, so that was a great sign. We went to work for two hours today and he was just bored.

Since he woke up several times last night I was in no big hurry to go to work this morning and let him take his morning nap at home in his crib. I heard him make a noise so I went to get him. As I got to the door I could hear the music from his mobile. I figured he rocked the crib and triggered the mechanism, but when I opened the door he was standing in the crib turning the dial to wind up the mobile! Oh my baby is growing so fast!

He started trying to pull himself up a week or so ago, but really mastered it about two days ago. Now he pulls up on the furniture, the crib, the bathtub, where ever! I'm sure he will be taking those first independent steps soon. And he crawls all over the place. You can't take your eye off of him for a second because he will be gone.

And he has started to clap. One of the tribal members that I work for was teaching him that last week and he clapped on his own on Monday. I am going to try to get a video of it later and will post it.

1 comment:

  1. Marlee claps it is so cute! It's fun when they learn a new game!

    She still isn't crawling, she can get around on the floor, but no crawling, and she can pull herself up on me, but hasn't figured it out on other things. And still no teeth. Yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!